Idea ID 2826180
The Test Description entered in UFT for an Automated Test is not formatted the same way in ALM Octane. However, if the Automated Test is exported from ALM Octane, the Description is formatted correctly. Please enhance the formatting of the Description in ALM Octane for the Automated Test Description so that it shows correctly.
Example of Full Automated Test Description in UFT
The purpose of this test is to validate creating a Lead in the Sales module and validate default source records were auto-created in the Commissions & Sources section of the Lead form. NOTE - The record is also deleted in order to keep the application clean.
(1) Navigate to Sales --> Leads.
(2) Create a Lead record with partial information filled in (required fields only) and save.
(3) Fill out Contact field on GENERAL INFORMATION tab and save (NOTE - This field is originally locked, but becomes open and required once record is saved above).
(4) Validate the 3 default source records were auto-created in the Commissions & Sources Section.
(5) Navigate to Sales --> Leads.
(6) Validate Lead was created and delete the Lead.
(7) Validate Lead was deleted.
See attachments for screenshots of the following:
- Automated Test Description in ALM Octane (Shows Wrapped)
- ALM Octane Exported Automated Test Description (Shows as Expected)
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.