Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.

Be able to configure filters for all Dashboards on a page at once

Idea ID 2743736

Re: Be able to configure filters for all Dashboards on a page at once

e.g. Program Increment, Sprint (I know there is the "current sprint" thing, but maybe I cannot use that), Team, Release, Phase, ...

2) Make the filter icon clickable and have the "configure" dialog be launched

3) Be able to delete unresponsive dashboard (when spinning wheel keeps spinning nothing can be clicked, even not "delete")

5 Comments
Steven T Contributor.
Contributor.

This would be great, filtering on the dashboard can be a time clunky and time consuming at times if you have multiple widgets to update, if you had a generic filter for PI, Iteration, release, team it would be a massive benefit

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted

You suggested several ideas, we now improved the performance of the dashboard so hopefully you will not get the spinning wheel as often. You will get that in the next release 15.0.40. 

We do not plan on having a context filter for the dashboard. For that you can use the overview in the backlog module.

I did like the idea of making the filter icon on the widget clickable for easier configuration. Not sure however when we will implement this.

Thanks

Tali

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi  @TaliaL ,

thank you.

I don't fully understand what you mean by "For that you can use the overview in the backlog module". Do you mean this graph?

clipboard_image_1.png

This is only one little graph, I cannot have any other dashboards there (as far as I know), like burn down, defect statistics, ...
So the suggestion does not help me here (or there is something I am not aware of).

Kind regards

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

No, i mean the overview tab that exists in the backlog and quality module:

clipboard_image_0.png

Thank you, I was not aware of this. Will have a look.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.