ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.

Being able to create "local" list in a shared workspace

Idea ID 1768928

Being able to create "local" list in a shared workspace

In a workspace within a shared space you can create new fields, but not new lists. This can only be created on space level.....by space admin

I would like to be able to create local list as well (workspace list) - they only way to add list is to add them on space level, so all other workspaces will share them. Basically this means that only space admin can create new list and add to existing - this should be delegated/possible for workspace admins and others working in a workspace

br jesper

13 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi Jesper,

thank you for your feedback - we are definitely planning to add this functionality. it is planned as part of the short term agenda.

regards,

Sigal

Admiral
Admiral

Hi 

I'm unsure what you mean when writting short term agenda.....because it's been 9 months since I raised this.....so any updates?

br jesper

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jesper,

indeed this was postponed due to higher priority functionalities in which we invested in last Octane releases.

We have raised the priority of completing this functionality and plan to start working on this soon. the plan is to provide the ability to define private local lists at workspace level in addition to shared lists.

Best Regards,

Sigal

Admiral
Admiral

Yes please do - as we migrate more and more ALM projects they need to be able to created their own list values and maintain it as well...

br jesper

Admiral
Admiral

Any updates on delivery?

Since our users don't have access to shared space level this is quite a showstopper.....

Also would be nice to be able to add values to the list directly from a defect - similar to tags...

br jesper

Admiral
Admiral

@adi any updates on this.......we as Space admins cannot be sitting and creating list for all users.....

Admiral
Admiral

...not in 15.0.60 either😪

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

HI @Jesper ,

It's targeted to August release.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Adi 

Admiral
Admiral

Non-space admins along with space admins are looking forward to this:)

I will keep you posted 🙂

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.