Being able to merge Story board columns

Idea ID 2755008

Re: Being able to merge Story board columns

I would like to be able to merge columns with same or similar phase name into same column so its covering several entities

See in example I have two Rejected and two In testing....once for US and one for QS

Rejected twice.jpg

For some reason the In progress does it with one column for all 3 entities (QS, US and D)

merged columns in story board.jpg

3 Comments
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

if same phase name they should merge as default and then users can split them if needed

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Octane already support this, by default it will merge phases if they have same name, but each team can customize it.

By default Team Lead will have permission to customize team backlog board, or if team memeber is given "Customize Story Boards By Member" permission.

Once user has permissions, they will see extra button in toolbar which allows customization of the board

image.png

more details at https://admhelp.microfocus.com/octane/en/15.0.20/Online/Content/UserGuide/how_use_kanban_storyboard.htm

Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Yes thanks I found out:)....so room for improvements

1. Workspace admin should be allowed to do this for alle teams as default - not having to be a team member i addition:)

2. If same phase name for different entities they should merge automatically as default, but should be able to manually release if needed

thanks

Jesper

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.