ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.

Disconnect Sessions

Idea ID 1677016

Disconnect Sessions

Hello,

It would be very helpful if we could disconnect sessions like it was in ALM Quality Center on tab "Site Connections".

So we could close sessions of users which were idle for a long time and the session was not closed by Octane.

8 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

A session is automatically disconnected (and releases the license) after 3 hours idle time. this is also configurable and can be changed to less than 3 hours according to the organization requirement. does this answer the need?

Regards,

Sigal

Commander Commander
Commander

Hi,

thats correct, i can set the time when sessions will be closed. But perhaps somebodies browser crashes and the session remains connected, i have no possibility to end the session manually. I have to wait e.g. 3 hours so the session will be disconnected automatically and the license cannot be used in this time.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

that is the correct. in that case there is no way to manually close the session but wait for the automatic disconnection.

we will take this request into consideration

regards,

Sigal

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Commander
Commander

In our case we are using SaaS and cannot change the 3 hour default according to our requirements.  This would be helpful to terminate inactivate sessions.  

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Accepted

Thank you for your feedback,

We plan to add this functionality to Octane. no ETA yet.

Regards,

Sigal 

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Any progress on implementing new feature - to close inactive/hanging session in Octane SA? I can't see that feature in Octane 15.1.20.

Thx, Zdenka

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @ZdenkaT 

This functionality was not yet delivered but is planned as part of Octane short term agenda. 

Regards,

Sigal

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.