Export history

Idea ID 2769482

Export history

I am requesting to be able to export the history. This would help us because we could report on the number of times that defects change components and how long they stay with each component. 

11 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi Rebecca,

Are you familiar with the new Defect Resolution Time analytics in Octane? this should provide you the ability to track how much time in average defects stay on each phase and in addition find anomalies.

this is an example of how this widget look like:

Sigal_Ishay_0-1585486433486.png

I would love to hear if this functionality answers the need you have raised,

Regards,

Sigal

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

@Rebecca2 In addition, you may find the new Activity log view useful for tracking specific events such as a change to a specific field for a specific type of entity.

Again, we would love to hear whether any of the above answers the need.

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Defect Resolution Time analytics are interesting but do not help us see how long defects are sitting with a certain component and how many times they change component.

Will the activity log give us this info and is it exportable?

If not, then we will need to be able to export the history. Thanks!

@Rebecca2 Yeah, you can export the activity log to Excel. Please try it out and let us know if you're missing something. Sounds like you will need to do some work on the excel to calculate duration between component changes.

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Where is the Activity Log? I searched in the help center but it returned no results

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rebecca,

Activity log tab is already available on SaaS (version 15.0.46).

if you have Octane on-prem this functionality should be available in May release (27/5) , version 15.0.60. please note also that by default this tab can be viewed by workspace admin and in order to make it acesible for other roles as well (such as PMO) this should be defined in the Permissions area (in the general system actions)

Sigal_Ishay_0-1586683735698.png

Regards,

Sigal

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
Hi,
Will I not be able to view the Activity Log until 5/27? Or if I am an Admin can I view it now?
This will not meet my needs because people other than the Workspace Admin need to view the History and Component changes. To resolve this can you please make the History Exportable.
Thanks,
Rebecca
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rebecca,

the new Activity Log tab will be available on the coming Octane on-prem release (targeted for 27.5). Once available, the shared space admin can provide view permissions to this tab for any role so the tab should be accessible to also non admin personas.

Till this functionality is available, you might want to try to use Octane API to get the history of any entity and manipulate the data as needed.

Regards,

Sigal

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

The Activity Log will actually not help us since it doesn't show what the fields are being changed to, just that they are being changed.

How can I set up the Octane API to get history?

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rebecca,

we have provided an example for how to extract phase changes like getting all defects that were rejected before closed. the second example in this thread (for defect reopens) is already calculated by Octane in a new field called reopens.

the script that use audit API and manipulate the data can be found here:

https://community.microfocus.com/dcvta86296/board/message?board.id=ALM_Octane_Idea&message.id=830#M830

hope this would help you build your own script using Octane API to manipulate history data.

Regards,

Sigal

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.