Float Data Type for Capacity Planning

Idea ID 2805946

Float Data Type for Capacity Planning

As of now, for a member in team we can only provide int type value. Would be great if Octane could accept the float type as well.

5 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @474240 ,

The Site\Space admin can change the 'TASK_SUPPORTS_FLOAT_VALUES' parameter in order to determine whether the task estimated hours can be whole numbers or decimal fractions.please review this documentation and let me know if it answers your needs.

Thanks,

Adi

Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi @Adi Kimhi Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the documentation and have found the parameter in our system. But it says the parameter once modified cannot be reverted back. Any reason for this? 

Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi @Adi Kimhi But also the thing which we are looking for is a bit different. We are looking for float type value to be accepted for capacity of a member in Team but not at the task level

@474240  The parameter is indeed related to task fields and the change is irreversible. The reason for that is mainly related to technical implementation regarding the way the data saved in the DB. I will change the status of this request to waiting for votes. please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks,

Adi

Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.