ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.

In "edit team" be able to edit team member capacity

Idea ID 2696834

In "edit team" be able to edit team member capacity

It's contra-intuitive that this cannot be done there.

Team velocity can be set there, but team member's capacity not.
For setting team member capacity some needs to go to "Team Backlog" -> Team member filter, on the team member card and and click on the spinning wheel "Capacity Settings" (that only appears on hover).

Also a "Capacity per day" can be configured in "edit team", however unfortunately that's not used as a default in the "Capacity Settings" tab --> so where is it used at all?

clipboard_image_1.png

4 Comments
Commander
Commander

Agreed. I didn't even know you could set an individual team member's capacity until I just happened to notice the gear on the team member card and clicked on it to see what it did. Being able to set individual team member capacity is a huge help as it means I no longer have to export tasks into Excel and calculate capacity to see when we have someone over allocated within a particular sprint if he/she isn't allocated 100% to the project or will be unavailable during part of the sprint due to vacations and such.

It would be extra helpful though if I could set team member capacity on the Team page so I could update all team members in one place at the beginning of each sprint.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Regarding default capacity per day which can be defined in settings:

Adjusting the default daily capacity will impact the team member's capacity in sprints to which the team member has not yet been assigned.

Which means that only when assigning team to a new release this default will affect daily capacity.

Regarding the first item, do you expect to see the same team member capacity table for each team member in team settings?

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi @the_coder , @Misty S 

Can you please check the comment above?

Thanks,

Adi 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Adi Kimhi @tal_blizowsky,

thank you.

1. Team Member Capacity in "edit team"

• Yes, the same table could be added to the "members page".
    Actually highlighting the current sprint might be helpful in addition.
  • or have another tab added for it, beeing able to filter by team member or sprint to configure more efficiently

2. Default capacity

• Our teams are already assigned for future planned PIs / sprints. So this is not helpful for us. Actually before PI planning I want to update the default capacity of a person for the PI (and not having to click through all sprints), despite the fact that the person was already assigned.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.