Make a Required system Field Not Required

Idea ID 1790077

Make a Required system Field Not Required

Would like to create a rule to make an existing required field Not required. 

Use Case: We have a team that currently uses Jira for User stories and defects. We are creating a one way link using the synchronizer to copy Jira User Stories to Octane. We don't want to bring over the Jira Status because there are way too many and they don't fit within the Octane phase theme. However, when I configure the synchronizer link, since Phase is a required field, I have to map it and I have to map all Jira Status values to the Phase values.

I would like to be able to create a rule that says "Make Not Required". Then I could select whatever system field that was required and make it not required. In this case "Phase".

Thanks.

11 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

@Tuboysdad Generally speaking business rules apply regardless of the fields that are presented in the form

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.