ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.

Memo field shoud be searchable

Idea ID 1671652

Memo field shoud be searchable

Include Memo fields text in the global search.

Why is this important, when it would it be used?
Searching text from memo field should find the relevant search results.

If you were designing the solution, how would  you do it?
Include Memo fields in search.

6 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It would be perfect if admins could define which fields are indexed & searchable - including memo fields, user tags, user names etc.

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I have the same wish as Dirks. We'd like to be able to search in every field of an object. It would be great if we can (usefull to search external IDs for instance).

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@GabrielC if you can please clarify, do you mean to be able to search in global search by any field, or in the filters above the grids ?

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hello, I'd like to be able to search in global search by any field.

It looks like user defined fields are not indexed and searchable but we use them a lot in our workspace. This would enable us to access to a defect directly by its external ID, anywhere in the GUI, not having to add a filter on the column on the specific defect page.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

I will add here, by default - when one see "global search" - one would expect that it is actually global, throughout all the data, including custom fields. I would rate it as a must be function. And as Dirk said would be nice to regulate what is indexed.

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
Status changed to: Under Consideration

We are considering adding additional capabilities for our global search.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.