Octane 15.0.60 Interactive API Client is pulling incorrect value of fields

Idea ID 2844864

Octane 15.0.60 Interactive API Client is pulling incorrect value of fields

0 Votes

The behavior I'm seeing in CP60 is a design of API interactive Client.

I have API key and its secret. I went to the API Interactive tool and logged to the WS with the API key.

I selected my user-defined fields and hit execute.

Yes, it gives me a report of all defects. But in the report, there is inconsistence in the value of user-defined fields, meaning the same user-defined filed is giving a list name in one defect and not giving a list name in another defect

The issue is resolved using Postman.

2 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi @Erick Vargas B ,

to be sure I got you right, the issue you are raising is the fact that the 'id' property of the two 'application_udf' fields isn't the same? or the fact that the name property doesn't being include in the swagger view compare to the postman request which does show it?

so we will better understand things, can you please also provide us:

1. the response of executing a get request from the browser to fetch the two exact defects with this UDF field.
for example, this can be done by:

{octane_url}/api/shared_spaces/{space_id}/workspaces/{workspace_id}/defects/14013?fields=application_udf

{octane_url}/api/shared_spaces/{space_id}/workspaces/{workspace_id}/defects/15010?fields=application_udf

2. the response for the two specific list nodes requests:

{octane_url}/api/shared_spaces/{space_id}/workspaces/{workspace_id}/list_nodes/brilliantyou_in?fields=id,name,activity_level,is_modifiable,is_rename_only,index,is_deletable

{octane_url}/api/shared_spaces/{space_id}/workspaces/{workspace_id}/list_nodes/{other_list_node_id}?fields=id,name,activity_level,is_modifiable,is_rename_only,index,is_deletable

you should be aware of the fact that the id property is not promised to agree to any template / format, as it's only unique identifier of the list node, so if you have two different defects which are linked into two different list nodes, they will have different ids.
if you need the friendly name of the list node, you could use the "name" property within the list node (it's not being showed in swagger, but should be returned by default when you make the same request from browser / rest client.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.