UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.

Open Global Search results in a filtered view

Idea ID 2804605

Open Global Search results in a filtered view

0 Votes

The global search functionality in Octane is very quick and robust. It has never let me down when I have a specific keyword for what I am looking for. Great work on your indexing strategy!

I sometimes struggle with searches when I am not exactly sure about proper keywords for what I am looking for, and my search returns many results, broken by item type. Clicking on the types keeps you in the same search dropdown-like div. I believe a good approach to those cases would be:

1. A link in the search div to open your search results in full view where you can add/remove filters.

2. You can then adjust gradually get to where you wanted with your search.

1 Comment
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thanks @Anton Georgiev 
Sounds great

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.