Organizing Tests under test suite in a sequence order as HP ALM

Organizing Tests under test suite in a sequence order as HP ALM

We need details on Organizing Tests under test suite in a sequence order same as Test under test lab HP ALM

8 Comments
Arlene Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

As a work around I have created a User defined Field on the Manual Run named Order of Run. I created it as a numerical field and manually enter the sequence in how the tests should be executed. It is a cumbersome work around would be great if you could order like in the test suite.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Tests within a suite have an out-of-the-box Order field. You can drag and drop to reorder tests and when you're done and you plan a suite run, the runs in the suite are organized by exactly the same order.
Did you try out this functionality? Please let us know what is missing.

Regards,
Yael

Regular Contributor.

Hi Yael,

I have used this and it is exactly the function we need in the Suite run too. As an example I have a test suite with 65 tests in.  5 of these tests are to test exceptions to a process, so I would want to plan 5 suite runs of that test suite and test 1 exception per suite run. The exception tests may happen in a different sequence, so rather than have 5 test suites with all the same tests in I would want to plan 5 suite runs with different variations of that same test suite (maybe removing 1 or more tests) and just resequence the order they are tested in.

Hope that explains it.

Arlene

Got it.
Adding this enhancement request to our backlog.
Thanks! 🙂

Regular Contributor.

Thanks Yael 🙂

Status changed to: Accepted

kimblerc Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

@yael 

When working with a suite run, it looks like you can select the individual tests to run, which is good.

As others have stated, as in HP ALM, you can move the test case order around in the Suite Run.

It would be nice to have the ability to reorder the test cases in a Suite Run as you can with a Test Suite.

@kimblerc agreed, this is in our backlog

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.