Prevent certain roles from accessing attachments in MT

Idea ID 2829814

Prevent certain roles from accessing attachments in MT

0 Votes

When creating test with attachment which contains personal information or other sensitive information we would like to prevent access to these attachments for certain roles.

Suggestion is to add "View attachments" in addition to Create, Edit and Delete attachments in which gives you the option to prevent certain roles from viewing attachments.

2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @Jesper 

I guess you are probably referring to the need to use Data Hiding for hiding attachments of tests from certain roles (as these users can probably run common public tests with attachments they will need to see or even add attachments to the tests during execution). and also, private data can also be included in the test description so in case of tests with sensitive data i would recommend to use data hiding for manual tests (which will entirely hide tests with sensitive data).

This functionality is already in progress and planned to be released soon.

let me know if this would help you,

Regards,

Sigal

Admiral
Admiral

Thanks looking forward to data hiding of MT's - if it will work the same way as access granted on defects we should be able to create rules which automate access control so I guess thats fine

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.