Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.

Pull Request Scanning - Select Scanning Level

Idea ID 2852807

Pull Request Scanning - Select Scanning Level

At the moment, the Pull Request Plugin by default will scan all of the following:

Pull Request Title

Commits

Description

I want to be able to specify which entity i want to scan for the commit pattern.

Reasoning - Currently we enforce commit pattern naming in the pull request name, and on occasion when a merge is carried out every story / feature that is touched is the listed in the description, this will then created a Pull Request that touch many entities. and not just the one where the change occurred.

4 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Just to clarify : 

You want disable scan of commits and leave scans of title + description?

Thanks

Radi

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi.

I just checked and found that you already can achieve this functionality by defining parameter on job :
pullrequests_max_commits_to_collect = 0

the same way that you used pullrequests_min_update_time

Definition of this parameter (appear in help of this action)

• pullrequests_max_commits_to_collect: Max number of commits to collect for each pull request. Default is 100.

Thanks

Radi

Status changed to: Already Offered

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.