Search for multiple defects at once

Search for multiple defects at once

In ALM QC we could search for multiple defects by separating them by an OR statement. I cannot find a way to make this work in Octane. I tried separating them by | but it did not work. Can you please provide a fix for this critical piece of functionality?

4 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi @Rebecca2 

We added this functionality recently - should be available in the next release. Once you have it, please use comma as the separator (no space).

Until then, if you only have a couple of IDs you can use the OR clause in any filter.

Status changed to: Accepted

Rebecca2 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I tried searching by separating with OR and it did not work: 62703 or 64391. Are you available to screenshare?

Also, will the comma separator be available in the 8/18 Release?

By OR clause I meant this option, which seems to be less suitable for the use case which you described:

OR clause in filter.png

The comma separator is currently planned for 8/19, hopefully it will indeed make it

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.