Select starting Phase for a Split User Story

Idea ID 2839873

Select starting Phase for a Split User Story

When splitting a user story, it would be really helpful if we could select the starting Phase of the new user story on the split screen like we can select the updated Phase of the story being split. Otherwise, as soon as the story is split, you have to manually progress the Phase on the newly created story if the team was in the middle of a phase when it was split.

For example: User Story 1234 is still "In Progress" at the end of the sprint for whatever reason and needs to be split to the next sprint so the work can continue. When I split the user story, I'm given the option to select what Phase the existing story should be set to, but I cannot set what Phase the newly created story (story 1299) should start at. Then I immediately have to manually progress story 1299 from "New" to "In Progress". Otherwise, it looks like I have a user story in my backlog that hasn't been fully written or groomed yet, when in reality it's already in progress from the prior sprint.

1 Comment
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Hi @Misty S ,

Thanks for your suggestion. Changing the status to "Waiting for Votes".

Regards,

Adi 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.