Set Preferred Workspace

Set Preferred Workspace

When we create new workspaces for users, I've noticed that if they're not added to the default workspace, they won't be able to log in. They get an error. However, users most likely will want to be pointed to their workspace once they log into Octane. There should be a profile preference that allows a user to specify which Workspace they want to log into when they authenticate to Octane.

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I'd say these are two different topics:

a) If a user is not added to the default workspace they can't log in and get an error: This shouldn't happen - users should then be logged into another workspace they belong to (perhaps the one with the lowest ID - not that important).

b) There should be a profile preference that allows a user to specify which Workspace they want to log into when they authenticate to Octane.

Actually I don't need b) - for me it's perfectly fine Octane opens the last workspace I logged in. What do you think?

Cheers,

Dirk

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Already Offered

Once a user is permitted to one WS, that WS will be the default one to which the user will enter.

If the user is permitted to more than one WS, then that user will enter one of them for the first login. And from that point on, any consecutive release will be the last WS the user worked on.

So it seems that the "Preferred WS" will anyhow be overridden by keeping the last WS persistent for consecutive logins.

Tuboysdad Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Dirk,

At the time I reported this, there was an issue with users not being in the default domain, that is no longer the case. Also, the logging the user back into the workspace they logged out of was not yet completed. They have both been implemented since then.

However, we have users that, although they work in multiple workspaces, would like to be able to set a default one to log into. This is by no means a high priority request, but there should be a user setting to set the default workspace for each user.

Thanks!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.