Should be able to create condition "Owner = Role" instead of having to add all users with this role

Idea ID 2797940

Should be able to create condition "Owner = Role" instead of having to add all users with this role

...rather then having to add all the users from the role.

We use this for setting fields to prevent access to certain defects if there are personal data (GDPR).

Not possible on shared workspace level

12 Comments
Admiral
Admiral

I would like to create a rule where condition is Owner belongs to group

Right now I can do it with Owner = xx or Owner=xx etc, but when new users are added rules have to be updated

owner belongs to.jpg

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @Jesper,

The Owner field represents a single owner. I understand that you would like this field will support additional owners and have the ability to create a rule based on that. I would suggest you as a workaround to set another UDF (from "Team" Type) and set the rule you need based on that. please let me know if this can be helpful. 

Thanks,

Adi 

Admiral
Admiral

No - we would like to add rules like below just using group - we cannot do this?

Having to keep the list of users update in a single rule at all times is impossible.....

br jesper

group.jpg

Hi, @JesperIn Octane we use in Team term, when you say group do you mean to a team ? if we will have a business rule conditioning by Team association ("if current user belongs to certain team"), that would help?

Thanks,

Adi 

Admiral
Admiral

No - Group or role.....not team related

So for all users within a role.......to avoid adding all the users which has this role

It not possible on shared workspace level (think it is on space level)....but we need to define such role for the individual workspace

br jesper

@Jesper Thanks for clarifying this. I am changing the status to "Waiting for votes". Maybe consider to add to the description that you would like to create a condition where Owner = role.

Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Admiral
Admiral

Thanks Adi I've correct the titel to reflect this:)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.