Should be able to create rule "Set field value" in share space with user field

Idea ID 1768721

Should be able to create rule "Set field value" in share space with user field

In a shared space I would like to be able to choose type "User field" for set value - this can only be done on workspace level.

Use case in shared space:

I've implemented a field called Implemented by which tracks the user who has implemented the defect

I want to publish this field automatically with data from Current user

Set field value "implemented by" on phase change Retest

I cannot choose the Implemented by on space level, but this is possible on workspace level.....but would prefer to be able to do it in space level so it's reflected in all the many workspaces we eventually will have

br jesper

6 Comments
Jesper Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Rules 15, 16, 17 and 18 can only be created on workspace level:(

Need to be able to create them on Shared space level 

Octane-ruleSpaceSetImplementedBy.jpg

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Thank you, Jesper from identifying this gap and reporting on it.

We have submitted an ER in our backlog to support fields that are usually populated with workspace specific content (Users, Teams) to be available at the shared space level with generic capabilities (e.g. Copy from another matching field, Use current User, Condition if empty or modified, etc)..

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted

Outstanding Contributor.

Not included in CP11 - ETA when?

Outstanding Contributor.

Sorry to see this wasn't included in Octane 15.0.20 either:(

Outstanding Contributor.

1. Create udf on space level called "Implemented by" (to track who implemented a defect)

2. Create rule on space level - Set field value "implemented by" to Current user

Can only be done on workspace level......really annoying!!

hope its clear now!

thanks

Jesper

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.