Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.

Should be able to drag and drop a Manual Test (MT) and QT into a Test Suite (TS)

Idea ID 1764853

Should be able to drag and drop a Manual Test (MT) and QT into a Test Suite (TS)

If you're in the Quality module and you have MT and TS within same Application module it should be possible to drag and drop MT's into the TS.

I guess this should be a functionality in general for all modules where MT and TS are represented in Octane.

PS. I know I can right-click on the MT and choose Add to test suite....but my idea is just increasing the usability:)

8 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thanks Jesper, I think it's a good idea. We did have a few thoughts about showing suites or suite runs in the right pane, similar to backlog buckets. Would this be useful?

Jesper Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

It's a good idea, but no so sure it will be so user friendly.....how will this work in regards to the Application module three in the left side?

Would be nice to select eg. 4 MT's and right click and choose include in new TS.

Actually this one is already available - select a bunch of tests and right click -> add to new or existing suite

Outstanding Contributor.

Ohh yes I see that now, sorry 

But it would nice to drag and drop MT into TS within the middlepart of the screen - users expect this to be possible - had a demo here at MF Universe and the MF guy showing this actually tried this first when I asked how this should be done....

That's funny 🙂 Wonder who was the MF rep

Outstanding Contributor.

....not from R&D off course:)

kimblerc Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I think it would be useful to have a drag and drop featuer to assign test cases to a test suite, similar to how the tests are assigned to applicatinos.

It spperas the back end may already be there to support his, but it doesnt quite work. When you highlight the test cases and hover over a tests sutie the "Assign X selected items" apperas but does not assign to a test suite.

kimblerc Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I think it would be useful to have a drag and drop feature to assign test cases to a test suite, similar to how the tests are assigned to applications.

It appears  the back end may already be there to support his, but it doesn't quite work. When you highlight the test cases and hover over a tests suite the "Assign X selected items" appears but does not assign to a test suite.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.