Support Field calculations

Support Field calculations

Many times we need to automatically calculate values and set them to relevant fields (e.g. calcualte a general score) or condition rules based on some calculation (e.g, alert user if planned date is further than two weeks from now).

Why is this important, when it would it be used?
This is a basic set of values we need to support.

If you were designing the solution, how would  you do it?
No idea how 😞

4 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted

Parcsyde Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I would really like to see this capability within a field creation process, I had the same idea...but found that you already put it int othe system. The great news is that with only 3 Thumbs you got this "Approved"....some others have 8 and are still getting the "Waiting for Votes". I would really like to understand the logic behind that math! You got my Thumbs up after "Approved", but thats because I believe we both had a great feature that needed to get impleted.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Thank you Parcsyde for asking that question. We have a set of criteria for deciding what ideas to accept. Voting is obviosuly one of them but not the only. Some features, the more complex ones require additional thought as to how we plan on implimenting them. in these cases we like to wait for additional votes and ideas.

All the best,

Talia

Yann_Helleboid Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
I fervently support that feature ! We would need first need basic arithmetics (add, substract, multiply and divide) for number type fields and very importantly operation on dates, especially calculate a date/time difference on 2 dates to check SLAs, I guess this would be a very common usage. Thanks
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.