Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.

Test Run Analysis in the navigation bar under Quality or Backlog

Test Run Analysis in the navigation bar under Quality or Backlog

I have a business problem, My Top management want to see the progression of Testing during UAT. in the form of an accumlative Total Planned against actual execution by the testers shown by day, over the course of the sprint of testing. For example; we planned 50 tests to be excuted on Mon - Friday which totals 250 tests planned for the week. On monday we only tested 25 but on Tuesday we tested 75 so we are on track with our progress. The lines for wednesday to Friday would show zero on actual executed until we start testing on those days.

This should be a line graph similar to the widget already available on the dash board for test run execution.

3 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Hi,

Is the assumption in this widget that you plan runs for specific dates?

Arlene Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi Yael,

Yes I have a UDF called Planned Run Date on the planned run.

It is a calendar field

Warm regards

Valued Contributor.. Chris_Carpenter Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Hi Arlene, 

I think we can already make this report/graph using oData. If the report is for senior leadership they probably don't care to go into the tool and pull the report so external reporting shouldn't be too much of an issue. Excel 2016 has a oData connector built into it, and earlier versions of excel you can leverage the Power Query addin to get this data. We just made a Defect Aging report for one of our clients which turned out pretty useful; oData is proving to be a great feature of Octane.  

Cheers, 

Chris Carpenter, Bienabee Technologies

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.