ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.

To have an option to edit the steps/gherkins while running a test

Idea ID 2840706

To have an option to edit the steps/gherkins while running a test

0 Votes

Hello,

When we plan a run, or run directly a test (manual or gherkin) a "copy" of the steps/gherkin is done.

I.e. : if someone edits the steps in the MT it will not reflect in the scheduled run.

Same when running a test, if the users discovers an issues in the steps/gherking, he cannot change it directly: he needs to go the manual test, edit it, then re-run the test: DOing that he looses the status/defects he might have been doing in previous steps.

SO once finished to run he needs after to go back in the run, remove the previous run and more important link again the defect he might have created previously.

=> Would it be possible to be able to directly edit the steps of an ongoing test run ? (it could be a specific right as the idea to "freeze" for a schedule run is ok in most of the case).

3 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Captain Captain
Captain

hello,

Sorry  I missed the one you mentionned : Yes definitively it's the same need.

If there is a way to remove my suggestino and keep the original you mentionned, don't hesitate to close my suggestion/remove it.

Thanks !

Status changed to: Duplicate

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.