being able to rename or delete tags

being able to rename or delete tags

Sometimes, users make mistakes when creating tags, the workspace admin should be able to rename or delete them.

I know it is doable using the API but it is not in the GUI.

3 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Hi Yann, Currently we dont allow deletion of tags since it contradicts the notion of user tags - if i as a user created tag i would not want someone to delete it. i do understand the error issue. Today in Octane if a tag is not related to any entity it is deleted automatically after 30 minutes. That said, because we understand the need of many companies to manage the tags we do plan on introducing system tags that will be managed by the admin or whomever has permissions. Thanks, Tali
Yann_Helleboid Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.
Hi Tali,
I am in CP9 and the automated deletion on tags seems not to work 😞
I have an unused tag which have not been deleted since yesterday ...
A simple way for the admin to be able to delete a tag is still needed because if you want to suppress a tag that is related to 500 items, you are not going to delete them manually from the 500 items before you can hope the system get rid of it so thank for your answer.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.