UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

ALM Octane Test Assignment Rules Issue

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have create few of Test Assignment Rules in ALM Octane DevOps. And I will import Automated Test (AT) by using Jenkins job - TFS.

But it seems like the rules wont trigger when I have run the Jenkins job (The test has been successful discovered to ALM Octane, but still under category "unassigned").

I have to open up the selected Test Assignment Rules (It has shown * tests has been affected. ) and Save it to trigger the Rules. 

Is there any solution as I want the Test Assignment Rules auto triggered when I run Jenkins Job?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Unfortunately assignments rules are not affecting tests that are created by UFT discovery job.

We are adding it to our backlog.

Radi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Many details are missing in the description.

Generally then you define assignment rules  - you need to define filter that allow to "catch" relevant tests.

The filter uses the following fields : name, class, package, component. Please verify that you have defined correct filter.

We can review your settings , please attach screenshots of

• assignments rules
  • some of the tests that you want to affect (I would like to see values of columns : name, class, package, component)

Thanks

Radi

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi, 

I have attached one of the rules that I have setup in image below. The image has shown 7 test is affected by the rules, but when I discover it still under unassigned category. Unless I re-save the Test Assignment Rules, then those affected test will be transfer to targeted Application Module.

The discovery (image) is the way I used to discover Automated Test through Jenkins job to Octane. 

What I want to describe is, those Automated Test that I discovered by running Jenkins Job have matched with the Test Assignment Rules Filter. (e.g. Package Common Library). But the test assignment rules is not triggered when I discovered test using Jenkins Job.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Unfortunately assignments rules are not affecting tests that are created by UFT discovery job.

We are adding it to our backlog.

Radi

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.