Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

GDPR Content Pack - Questions & Answers

Hi,

You might recognize I already mentioned it in this forum: The GDPR Content Pack imports the whole EU General Data Protection Regulation in any of the 24 EU languages into ALM Octane and our "classic" ALM/QC (ALM.NET). You can also use it as an example how to use Excel, VBA & the Octane REST API to import other data into ALM Octane.

You can download the GDPR Content Pack free of charge at:

https://marketplace.microfocus.com/appdelivery/content/gdpr-content-pack

Please also download the User and Admin Guides - they should help you with the first steps.

Let's use this thread to discuss your questions & ideas regarding the GDPR Content Pack especially for ALM Octane!

Regards,

Dirk

Ps: There is a similar thread in the ALM/QC forum which also contains more generic questions.

Tags (2)
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: GDPR Content Pack - Questions & Answers

Hi,

I've just published the new release 3.1 - it contains several new features both for GDPR and also for developers who can reuse the code for their projects.

For example the import now automatically creates Octane favorites via REST. And 3.1 contains two functions for developers: fktOCTGetMetadataEntities / fktOCTGetMetadataFields in module modOCT can be used to analyze Octane entities and fields.

Please also see my new short video GDPR & ALM Octane – A perfect match! - in 5 minutes you get a first impression of GDPR in ALM Octane.

Thanks,

Dirk

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I've recorded a short video to explain how you can import the GDPR into ALM/QC: GDPR & ALM/QC - Import the GDPR Content Pack

Do we need the same for ALM Octane? What do you think?

Thanks,

Dirk

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

The new video is online: GDPR & ALM Octane - Import the GDPR Content Pack

Cheers,

Dirk

Tags (3)
NEW_ALM12 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

@Dirk Hedderich Thanks for sharing information. 

I need to incorporate GDPR content pack in my ALM Octane CP9. How do I do that and where do I start using GDPR content pack in ALM Octane? Is it something that should installed in ALM Octane server or in ALM Octane GUI?

It would ge great if you can share the steps on how to do things.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

@Dirk Hedderich , I know looked at Admin guide in past. But, forgot what I looked at and what was in there. So, my mind went blank this time. I should have revisited GDPR content pack that i downloaded via marketplace link before asking for on how to do things. Admin guide is really simple and clear to use. 

But, I still have question, on how to use this content pack in my Workspace/s?

Oops, I got an error while importing Demo data in to my workspace.

Did I do anything wrong? Log is attached. GDPR Error.png

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Your import runs into a timeout - that means your Octane instance did not respond in time. Could you please try the import again and see if that works?

I assume you are using Octane on premise? Did you modify any timeout parameters on your server? Is your server experiencing heavy load during the import which might cause the timeouts?

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

@Dirk Hedderich , 

Please see update below: 

Could you please try the import again and see if that works?

--> Though I got error at the very end of import, most of the import data are already in my GDPR project. But, as you can see final import note was error. So, if I need to re-import, do I delete was was imported in 1st time?

I assume you are using Octane on premise?

--> Yes

Did you modify any timeout parameters on your server?

--> No

Is your server experiencing heavy load during the import which might cause the timeouts?

--> This is very fresh installation of CP9. This means, I do not have any user interaction or usage, no workspace created except one GDPR project, no demo data, not any other data. To me I donot thik its a server load issue. But, not bad idea, how do I check server lad issue, if t was?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @NEW_ALM12,

Normally I'd suggest to tick the checkbox for "Delete Content" if you re-run an import. But in this case - since you face timeouts - I'd recommend you do NOT use "Delete Content". 

I'm developing the GDPR Content Pack with Octane on SaaS since I then get the most recent updates automatically. To simulate your error, validate that the timeouts are ok out of the box I'm just setting up a new CP9 on premise environment. To investigate I might need a few more days.

Until then you could restart the import (please uncheck "Delete Content") at the requirement which was imported last into your environment: Please have a look at the log of the GDPR Content Pack - in the last lines of the log you should find the requirement line where the import failed due to the timeout. Let's say the import failed in line 42.

Then open the VBA editor (press "ALT" + "F11" in Excel). Go to module "GDPR Import"; search for Private Sub subImportRequirements()

A few lines below you'll find these lines:

Set objCell = shRequirements.Range("A2")
Set objCellLocal = m_objRequirementsLocal.Range("A2")

Change both lines from A2 to A42 (or whatever line failed). Then start the import - it should do some initialization and then start importing the requirements from line 42. Don't forget to set the value back to A2 afterwards 🙂

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

@Dirk Hedderich Thanks much!

I would love to her your update when you finshed testing in CP9. 

By that tie, i would also do som testing and will give you an update. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.