Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Octane & 3rd party test automation tools

Jump to solution

Another strategy question....  I know how that unit test (including LeanFT and Selenium) and UFT test results can be pushed into Octane via Octane pipelines in the CI Server.  What about test results from other 3rd party test automation tools like Tosca, TestComplete, etc?  How can we get those test results into Octane?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

ALM Octane is open - allowing you to connect to 3rd party CI tool. In addition any automation framework that execute tests can develop a matching plugin.

See this ALM Octane online help page for more info.

CI.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

ALM Octane is open - allowing you to connect to 3rd party CI tool. In addition any automation framework that execute tests can develop a matching plugin.

See this ALM Octane online help page for more info.

CI.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

I see. So I could use the SDK to create my own Jenkins plug-in that might, for instance, have custom post-build actions for pushing my Tosca results to the Octane pipeline. Is that the idea?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Yes 🙂 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

If you have a possibility to run your tests in Jenkins in the first place and they have a standard JUnit output report it's supported OOTB by the Octane Jenkins plugin - results will be reported for these tests.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Yes, I was aware of junit results. (Have actually used that.)  It's just that I was wondering about commercial automated functional testing tools, but Adi answered that. Thanks everyone.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.