ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Octane's Test Result in Pipeline

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have set up a Jenkins job to execute UFT API test. After my Jenkins job execute, it will publish test results to Octane Pipeline. The sample of UFT test is like image in attachment. 

"Main API Test Flow A" has 3 CallAPITest action, 2 steps will be passed while 1 steps failed. The final result of this execution is 1 fail ( as attachment ). In Jenkins I have only execute 1 test that is 'Main API Test Flow A"

Is it possible that I can get the result 2 pass & 1 fail in pipeline ?

May let me know if my question is not clear or more information needed.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Unfortunately, the flow you described - you can get only one test result,

This is because you trigger only one test (and it doesn't matter that the test calls to other tests) and therefore you will get only one result. 

The only way to get 3 test results is to trigger them explicitly from the job.

Regards,

Radi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Unfortunately, the flow you described - you can get only one test result,

This is because you trigger only one test (and it doesn't matter that the test calls to other tests) and therefore you will get only one result. 

The only way to get 3 test results is to trigger them explicitly from the job.

Regards,

Radi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.