aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem continued : i need help regarding connection issue with elesticsearch parameters.

As from previous querry i got some solution and some problem with elasetic search got solved, but the actually probelm of validation error is not solved. Elastic search is configured proeprly and giving the proper result, but yet i am facing validation error while installing HP ALM Octane. Kindly help me, i am unable to find the solution for this problem. Here i am attaching the screenshot of console and also heighlighted the error and also shown the elastic search configuration. Please helpError_OctaneError_Octane

0 Likes
24 Replies
Ziv_Birer Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Problem continued : i need help regarding connection issue with elesticsearch parameters.

Hi,

1. Please try to define elasticsearch port as 9300 in setup.xml and try again.

2. If this do not work, run below command and see if it return information about elastic (for port 9200 and port 9300:

curl XGET 'http://localhost:<port>' (examle: curl XGET http://localhost:9200)

This will let you know if elastic is working and what is the correct port.

3. Try to provide IP address of elastic machine in setup.xml instead of localhost. See if it work.

4. Please reply with following information so we can continue investigating:

4a: output of above 'curl' command

4b: setup.xml file

4c: elastic configuration file - elasticsearch.yml

Thanks,

Ziv Birer

aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Problem continued : i need help regarding connection issue with elesticsearch parameters.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I tried with above steps u mentioned, but port 9300 is not working with localhost as well as elastic search machine host. Now i tried with 9200 port and here the curl command is giving output like :Curl command outputCurl command output

After that i reid to start ocatne installation but face the same validation error :Error_OctaneError_Octane

Attcahing the required details u asked for:

1st. setup.xmlsetup.xmlsetup.xml

2nd elasticsearch.ymle1.JPG

e2.JPG

Please check all details, i have attached all for which u asked for. Thanks

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just to be sure - you tried to configure elasticpoirt in setup.xml to be 9300 (without changing port in elasticsearch.yml) and this didn't help?

Please also attach output of below command, it will give more information on elastic:

curl 'http://9.113.73.63:9200/_nodes?pretty'

Ziv

0 Likes
aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, thanks for your reply, I tried with 9300 (without chaning port in elasticsearch.yml). Here is the output of curl 'http://9.113.73.63:9200/_nodes?pretty'.curl1.JPG

crl2.JPG

crl3.JPG

crl4.JPG

Please check, if anything else require then ask me please.

Thanks

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi,

From the report I see the transport and published address for your elasticsearch is 9.113.73.63:9300

Please uninstall octane and try to install again from scratch. In setup.xml define the parameters of elastic as follows:

<entry key="ElasticHost">9.113.73.63</entry>
<entry key="ElasticPort">9300</entry>
<entry key="ElasticClusterName">elasticsearch</entry>

Did it help?

If it didn't pass the validation, try to configure elastic to use machine name instead of ip address as published address. Maybe using IP is not working well on your environment.

Ziv

aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The probelm got solved, but now ia m facing one new problem with Table_Space, please help me. and thankx a lot for ypur help site admin schema.JPG🙂

so please guide me how to resolve this, i dont that much about this site admin part, please guide. Here is the configuration of site adminschemaserv.JPG

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Good news

About table spaces - you need to define two tables spaces that octane will use in the ORACLE database. One is the main table space and the other is temporary table space.

To know the names of existing tables spaces -

Option 1:  contact your database administrator that providede your the oracle information or

Option 2: if you already have oracle account, log into the oracle database and see its tables spaces. If you use some GUI tool to access the database, it will probably have the information on the table spaces of the database.

Once you know the names, update setup.xml and run initserver.sh again.

Ziv

aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for ur help,

DO u have any document for this table sapce setup and all? please give if u have.

Regards

A. Ranjan

0 Likes
aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, I tried to configure table space details in setup.xml, but yet i am facing problem. Please tell em the details of the this particular problem.

ALM_SA is my schema name and SYSTEM is table sapce name which permanent and TEMP is temprory table space  name.

Kindly give me the solution for this issue,ere.JPG

'ALM_SA' should have quota on tablespace 'SYSTEM'

ert.JPG

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi,

About table space setup documentation - please see the installation guide.

About the problem that you face - please define USERS as your table space in setup.xml and run initserver.sh again. You better not use SYSTEM table space for octane.

Please let me know if this help.

Please also attach setup.xml file, I would like to see all parameters that are relevant to database connectivity.

Thanks,

Ziv

0 Likes
aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi it orked for me and OCTANE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED. But now one big problem is coming. kindly check this1st.JPG

2nd.JPG

Please guide me to solve thius last problem. console is not working. please do help.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Good progress!

Please attach octane.yml from /opt/octane/conf

Please also attach /opt/octane/log/wrapper.log (if exists).

-- Ziv

0 Likes
aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

here is the ocane.yml file view please check thisoctyml.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.

Hi,

The value of 'serverDomain' in octane.yml can not be IP address.

It must be real domain like 'company.org'.

Please:

1. modify the value

2. Restart octane by command: service HPALM restart

3. Wait 3 minutes and see if you can connect to octane by open brower and entering 'http://<machine>:8080/ui'. IMPORTANT: do not use IP address instead of machine in this url.

4. If this does not work, please

- attach octane.yml

- wrapper.log

- screenshort of the brower

By the way - you can attach files and not just screenshots. 

-- Ziv

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.