Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Admiral
Admiral

Run with latest version of a Manual Test/Suite Run

I idea why Octane is configured to default use the version of a Manual Test when it was planned?

Why isn't it the other way around?.....always use latest version, but older can be chosen if testers need to

When doing manual testing most of the time we would like the latest version of the test case. Now we have to make rules for it so when MR is create the field "Run with latest version" is set to yes. Otherwise it will not pick up the latest version of the test case.

The rules work fine if I plan 1 MT - but planning several it doesn't work (SD02828066)

Ps running on 15.1.40

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Jesper 

The mutliple planning with the latest version works on the test suite level. When you have multiple tests as part of a suite and you plan a suite run with "run with latest version". Then you can change the tests and steps, it will run all tests which are part of the planned suite run with the latest content.

Not sure if this will work for you?

Thanks,

Amir

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Thanks @Amir Khan I see its working with Test suites as well and can be used as a workaround:)

But we need it working when selecting multiple MT's as well - as we cannot control users actions and it needs to be the same for all:)

There isn't any business rule which can make this work somehow?

br jesper

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Jesper 

I tried it using a business rule, but it only works when 1 test is planned. when i plan multiple test then it ignores the rule. The only way to solve this is would be using webhooks, where you would send a webhook trigger on new run creation and updates on all runs which are part of the trigger the field "run with latest version" to "yes". 

Not sure if you are using webhooks?

Thanks,

Amir

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.