Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Unable to define Test Runner with on-premise Git SCM

Hello,

Has anyone had any success configuring a UFT Test Runner to an on-premise Git repository (not GitHub).   

I specify the CI server (Jenkins) and the tool type (UFT). and supply the correct URL to a Git repository, along with credentials. However the credentials do not appear to be passed correctly.

Here is how the Test Runner is being configured.

screenshot1.jpg

Looking deep into the SSH server logs, I can see that when Jenkins uses the URL and credentials it is able to authenticate correctly, however when Octane uses the same URL and credentials, some information is not being passed correctly to the SSH server and so authentication fails.

The log on the left is when attempting to authenticate to the URL from command-line (from the Octane server).  The log on the right is when attempting to connect via the Test Runner dialog. All steps are idential until the failure occurs.

screenshot2.jpg

Using GitHub is not an option.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Additional question : are you using git user/password or ssh credentials?

Radi

0 Likes
Vice Admiral

Hi Radislav,

I'm authenticating to Git via SSH using user/password.

Milan

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Is it possible to use https url, for example : https://github.houston.softwaregrp.net/MyRepo/myRepo.git?

I saw that you use "jenkins.user" as user, I don't think its legal git user.

If you need to use ssh url (for example git@github.houston.softwaregrp.net:MyRepo/myRepo.git) you need to use also ssh credentials. Its temporary not supported in Octane . It will be supported in Octane version 15.1.40.

If this is your case, we can help you to create test runner manually meanwhile.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral

Hi Radislav

Thanks for the quick reply.  This is why I mentioned I'm using on-premise Git and not Github. 

It is the SSH authentication that is failing, according to the logs.  The jenkins.user is a Windows user.

If there's a manual workaround I can try that, I'll message you directly and we can discuss when you have a moment.

thanks

Milan

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Attached screenshots to discovery job + test runner job

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.