aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i need help regarding connection issue with elesticsearch parameters.

Hi all, i am facing issue with installing HP ALM octane in my server. I tired multiple times but not able to solve this issue, even not able to undersatnd why this problem is coming.  Kindly help me with this problem, i am attaching error console image, please solve my issue. Thanks

0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: i need help regarding connection issue with elesticsearch parameters.

The errors says that Octane is unable to find Elastic Search server at localhost:9200.
Did you install ES on same machine and are you able to connect to it ?

0 Likes
aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your reply,

Yes i installed on the same machine on which octane insatlled  but unable to connect. This is the process which i followed and facing the issue. please check the issue below:

[root@hp-alm-poc install]# ./initserver.sh
Setting up octane server
/usr/bin/java
openjdk version "1.8.0_121"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)
Loading Properties from File:/opt/octane/install/../conf/setup.xml
Loading log4j2 configuration from /opt/octane/install/../conf/log4j2-conf.xml
Running with Setup Parameters:
{AppURL=http://my host name:port, AuthenticationTokenEncryptionKey=Authentication_Token_Encryption_Key, ConnectionString=DB_CONNECTION_STRING, DBAdminPassword=oracle, DBAdminUser=oracle, DBType=ORACLE, DbLoginUser=Db_Login_User, DistributedPassword=Distributed_Password, ElasticClusterName=almc, ElasticHost=localhost, ElasticPort=9200, InitString=oraclestring, LogFolder=/opt/octane/install/../conf, RepositoryFolder=/opt/octane/repo, SchemaName=ALM_SA, SchemaPassword=Oracle123, SiteAction=CREATE_NEW, SiteAdministratorPassword=SiteAdministrator_Password, SiteAdministratorUser=SiteAdministrator_User, TableSpace=Table_Space, TempTableSpace=Temp_TableSpace}
Start setup validation check...
Start setup validation on Memory
Start setup validation on RequiredProperties
Start setup validation on ElasticSearchConnection
ElasticSearchConnection Validation Error: Elastic search not accessible with the parameters provided by the setup file. Hosts:localhost Port:9200 Cluster name:almc
could not finish configuration. Please see above, fix errors and try again.
[root@hp-alm-poc install]#

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You need to configure Elasticsearch prior to starting it and installing Octane. Take a look at KM02494295 for more details. It is referenced in Octane Install Guide as well.

0 Likes
aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

while i trying to open the reference link   KM02494295,  it opening and saying you dont have permission.

so what should i do now?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I'm getting "You don't have permission" as well

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You should have valid HPE SAID attached to your Passport in order to access this and other knowledge articles. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is it possible to get SAID for trial version of software?

0 Likes
aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Could you please share that solution with me, coz i am using trial version of ALM octane so, i can't get SAID. pleas send me that article here if possible for u. Thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I would have attached the document here, but the system does not allow uploading PDFs. Hence here is the link to this PDF in my own Dropxbox.

aranjan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you very much for your help, hope this article will help me in resolving my problem.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.