New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ALM 11 - and IE 11

Anyone have any bad experiences with QC/ALM 11 when using Internet Explorer 11 in Intranet Compatibility mode?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi,

QC/ALM 11 only supports till IE 10 on Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 only, so I think that made your bad experiences here. Instead you can try to use ALM Explorer.

Sincerely,

Dung.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"QC/ALM 11 only supports till IE 10 on Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 only"

What is the plan for getting QC/ALM 11 to work wtih IE 11 on Windows 7?  My company is preparing to upgrade our OS to Windows 7 and Browser to IE 11.  I need ALM to work on these platforms. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Patch 17 for ALM 11.0 provides support for IE 11 on Windows 7 SP1.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Try this it will work 

Goto IE , CLICK ALT button > select TOOLS on top left > Go to Compatability view settings>and select Display all websites in compatability view option(3rd option).

Then refresh IE you will be able to access HPQC on IE 10/11 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

As of Patch 18, ALM v11.00  is certified for IE11 and windows 8.1

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here is a technical specs guide including ALM/QC 11:

HP ALM/QC Technical Specs

I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have just installed Windows 8.1 on my desktop which is having IE 11 with it. I installed HP ALM Explorer 12.x version but when i enter the url and click go it says "Class not registered".

If i use the same url in IE 11 it says:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update (x86) is not installed.
Application will not be able to run.
Contact your system administrator.

The same is installed when i see in control panel.

Please suggest me any solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What's the location (URL) where I can download patch 18?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Patches can be obtained only from HP Support (or, perhaps a certified reseller, if you didn't obtain the product directly from HP).

To access the HP support site you must have

1. A valid support contract and the SAID for that contract

2. A user account set up on the support site and associated to that SAID

The support site URL is

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/

Once logged in, use the My Products widget to bring up information about Quality Center v11.0 for your server OS. The Software Patch widget will display links to the articles from which patches can be downloaded.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

After changing IE11 settings for QC, unable to raise a defect, whenever i click submit button it totally gets struck & goes to white in scree, rest of the QC are working fine.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't have a 3rd option 😞

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.