Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

ALM 12.5 browser versions & standalone desktop client ...

1. If I read the docs right ALM 12.5 requires IE 10 or 11? Do we know if ALM 12.5 works with IE 9 and is just not formally supported? Or does it really just flat out not work?
  2. I know at one point there was a separate desktop client app for accessing ALM. Is that still available? If we’re still using IE9 as our corporate standard, I wonder if we can deploy that other app internally until we move to IE11?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: ALM 12.5 browser versions & standalone desktop client ...

Hello Chris,

I hope you are doing fine.

Regarding the questions, the supported browsers are this:

Browsers

Requires Patch

Notes

Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 32 Bit

Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 32 Bit

You can try to access it using IE 9 but we can assure you that will work.

About the other question the WebClient feature present in ALM 12 and 12.20 is not present in ALM 12.50.

Please let me know if this clarify your doubts or if you have any other question.

Best Regards

Alonso Sequeira | SW Technical Support Consultant.

Application Lifecycle Management

Mail| Alonso.sequeira,morales@HPE.com

Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”

Alonso Sequeira Morales
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation”
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Is HP working on an alternative to replace the Web Clients?  I was beginning to get hopeful that I could offer my users an alternative to IE.  It is getting to be a bigger issue every day as Non-windows systems become popular with development teams.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi David,

yes I can undestand your point, but currently the Developer Team has no plans to replace this feature.

Alonso Sequeira Morales
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

From what I understand HP was working on an alternative, browser independent client for ALM but they may be shifting their focus to align it more with the AGM product line than the ALM product line.  I suspect trying to support legacy ALM workflow was going to be too complicated.  Don't quote me on any of this though.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can still use the ALM Explorer for ALM 12.5 as an alternative to IE.

Also, in previous versions you could modify one of the startup files to make it accept officially unsupported IE versions. That might still be possible.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.