Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

ALM 12.60 - Fields that were read only in 12.01 are not in 12.60

Jump to solution

While setting up ALM 12.60 two defect fields that were read only (system generated values) in 12.01 are no longer read only in 12.60. I cannot find any custom code in our old implementation that is setting them to read-only, but maybe I am missing something?
The fields are:
BG_CLOSING_DATE
BG_SUBJECT

BG_VTS (modified date) is working as expected.

Can someone explain this please? How do I make these fields read only.

Thanks, Karen

2019-07-12_8-48-35.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi there,

Have you verified the permissions at a group level?

If you go to Customisation > Groups and Permissions, select a group, then under the Defects tab expand the Update permissions. Here you can check / uncheck individual fields.

(Statements expressed here are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi there,

Have you verified the permissions at a group level?

If you go to Customisation > Groups and Permissions, select a group, then under the Defects tab expand the Update permissions. Here you can check / uncheck individual fields.

(Statements expressed here are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thank you Mark!

This is what I needed. I should have thought of it myself... But, I was testing with TDADMIN user...

Karen

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.