Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ALM 12 Cross Project reporting

Hi *,

just have a question regarding cross project reporting.

Is it posible to generate reports out of different repositories in different domains?

Currently, my projects are spread over three different domains and I would like to have a report out of all together.

Strange... in the ALM Excel Plugin, th option to att other projects is grayed out (see screenshot).

any help on this ? Thanks in advance. Thomas

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It is definitely possible to generate reports from data in various projects even if in different domains.

However, the following conditions should be met:

• you should use ALM edition, not QC Enterprise or Community
  • your user should have access to each of the projects with enough permissions to extract data
  • your BV should be exactly the same in each of the projects
    i.e. if you use out-of-the-box BVs then they are the same accross all projects but if you created your own, then please make sure to replicate it in each and every project. The best approach is to have BV defined in template project and then it becomes available in each linked project automatically

In the screenshot it is clear that only current project selected, if you uncheck it, you will be able to choose any other project that meets the requirements above.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Leobor,

thanks for reply.

actually, I can not uncheck the checkbox because it's greyed out.

I have for one project project Admin rights for the others viewer rights. I can create for all of the repositories indiviual reports.

regards,

Thomas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Are you using OOTB BVs?

When you say, you are able to generate reports, are you using the BV in each projects?

You have to use the same user to access all projects.

And of course, have ALM edition of 12.20.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for reply. What do you mean with out of the box "BVs" ? What BV stands for ? sorry...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

BV = Business Views 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

I *think* that you cannot do cross project reports because you are admin in only one project. Members of the standard Viewer group are not allowed to generate cross-project reports or BV's. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.