Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

ALM Excel Report issue

we are using ALM 12.53. version. Excel reports generated in excel 2013 version is generated in correct format, the value are not missing where are the excel report generated in excel 2016 version is generated with out formatting and also the sheet names were missing also the values are missing...

please help

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi

I would like to let you know that this issue is not common, so, I will recommend you to open a new case in order to give you a proper solution to this issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Are you using Excel 2016 64 Bit or 32 Bit? if you are using 64 Bit - could you perhaps try to install Excel / Office 32 Bit?

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi,

In 2016 excel version 32-bit is working fine...Report is generated...

Which means though it is excel 2013 / 2016, excel report will get generated only in 32-bit version.

Why it is not generating the report in 64- bit ?

Thanks,

Nisha.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Nisha,

Unfortunately Microsoft (not Micro Focus 😉 ) changed quite a lot when moving from Office 32 Bit to 64 Bit - a lot of DLLs and COM objects do not work with Office 64 Bit. That's e.g. the reason for my Workaround: OTA & 64 Bit Applications (Excel, Word etc.).

In the ALM system requirements in section "Client-Side System Requirements" / "Office Suites" you'll find the information that Office 2016 64 Bit is only supported for the Excel Add-In at the moment. Maybe the workaround works as well for the Excel export - I've not tried it yet - but that's of course not an official solution.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.