Captain Captain
Captain

ALM Synchronizer 15.5 : Defect description is displayed in HTML

Hello,

The description of the defect sent from ALM 15.5 to ClearQuest 9.0 via ALM Synchronizer15.5 is displayed in HTML( in ClearQuest comment box).
Could someone please suggest  a solution.

Thank you for your help.

Aziz

0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There's a workaround for it, I guess you may know the DB location of the Synchronizer App.

In the PostgreSQL => Servers>PostgreSQL>Databases>gossip_db>Schemas>Public>Tables>params inserted a parameter 'QC_MEMO_FIELDS_AS_HTML' with a value ‘N’ :

The SQL for your reference:

INSERT INTO params(param_name, param_value) VALUES('QC_MEMO_FIELDS_AS_HTML', 'N');

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

HI,

I thank you for your reply.
But, I already had this solution, the problem that remains to be resolved is the carriage return.

Support offered me a fix which consists of replacing the gossip-server.jar file in "C: \ Program Files \ Micro Focus \ Micro Focus ALM Synchronizer \ lib" with another one. The first tests are positive, pending user feedback.

0 Likes
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Are you using REST or OTA for the ALM connection? I am curious because we are having similar issues. We were directed to convert to REST to solve the carriage return issue, and now are having issues with HTML showing up in the Description field.
0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

Hello,

I am using OTA for the ALM connection, and i can provide you the new gossip-server.jar file (provided by support) which fixes the carriage return issue.

Aziz

0 Likes
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Aziz,
I would appreciate that. Thank you for this information. We are currently already using a patched gossip-server.jar file that addresses an issue with ClearQuest 9 Feature Level 7 date format, but I would like to test the version you got to see if it addresses my carriage return issue. If you could, please send it and let me know what was the number of the support ticket where this was fixed. I want to see if Micro Focus can merge both fixes into one patch for us.
Thanks again! You have made my day with this information.
0 Likes
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Hi Aziz, I would still like to get more information about the fix you received from Micro Focus for the carriage returns issue with the ALM Synchronizer 15.x OTA connector.

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

Hello Chris,

You will find attached the gossip-server.jar which fixes the carriage return problem.

You will tell me if it will work.

Ensign Ensign
Ensign

It does fix the carriage return problem. Thank you very much. We will need to get Micro Focus R&D to merge this fix with our CQ Feature Level 7 date format hotfix. Can you give me service ticket number where you got this fix so I can share it with them?

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

Service ticket number  : SD02810474

Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Thank you so much for the help and for this information. I am passing this on to support. I will let you know how all of this works out.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.