ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

ALM defect notification doesnt add attachments

Hello Experts,

While creating/updating a defect, the attachments from the defect are not sent along with the mail notification to the 'Assigned To'.

We have the AUTO_MAIL_WITH_ATTACHMENT option set to Y in the site configuration and the "send mail automatically" is also checked for the project.

We thought this could be an issue with the SMTP server. Although, when clicking on the manual mail notification option button in the 'Assigned To' field and selecting the "Include Attachments' option the attachments are added to the mail notification.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Internal Components                                Build

Site Administration Client                         12.50.1287.0
WebGate Client                                     12.50.1287.0
Application Lifecycle Intelligence 2.9             12.50.154582
Sprinter                                           12.50.1287
Quality Center                                     12.50.1287
Analysis Extension                                 12.50.1287
ALM Lab Extension for functional and performance testing 12.50.1287
ALM Lab Management Extension                       12.50.1287
ALM Dev Extension                                  12.50.1287
Enterprise Integration for SAP applications        12.50.742
Application Model                                  12.50.0944

Application Lifecycle Management
Site Administration 12.50.32

0 Likes
2 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ahmedkalsekar,

Is it happening to one project or in the entire environment?

There are multiple ways to unlock this.

Very first, email's containing attachments greater than 3 MB, will not be delivered inside the email as attachment.

Check the workflow script, if this iaction of send email is been overwritten somewhere or been triggered only in certain cases.

All good, have the project Verified from Site Admin.( Have the necessary awareness for this activity, Back up is appreciated allways.).

Still Bad, remove the project from Site Admin & restore back again. (same result for Verify too, but check in this way as last resort).

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi Damodar,

Thank you for the help.

I tried the below suggestions, still no luck, please see my reply on individual suggestions..

Very first, email's containing attachments greater than 3 MB, will not be delivered inside the email as attachment. - Yes, the attachment is less than 3 MB

Check the workflow script, if this iaction of send email is been overwritten somewhere or been triggered only in certain cases. - I looked in the send email workflow and the emails are being sent completely fine. Although, I couldnt find a module(sub routine) that attaches the defect attachments to the email, do you know where I can find this?

All good, have the project Verified from Site Admin.( Have the necessary awareness for this activity, Back up is appreciated allways.). - Done and repaired, no issues.

Still Bad, remove the project from Site Admin & restore back again. (same result for Verify too, but check in this way as last resort). - Done.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.