Commander Commander
Commander

Adding to the Subject line of defect automail

I need to modify the Subject line of automail defect messages.  My goal is to add "[Send Secure]" (minus the quotes) to the front of the Subject line.  I've added the AUTO_MAIL_SUBJECT_FORMAT parameter, and tried the following values:: [Send Secure], "[Send Secure]", and '[Send Secure]', but nothing has worked -- the Subject line still displays the default string.

Does anyone know the correct format for the variable? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

That should have worked.  Make sure you log OUT of the project your testing from, then log back in as it doesn't seem to refresh the email subject until you log into a project.

0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

I've made some headway, in that I was able to get [Send Secure] added to the subject line.  The problem is that when using the parameter, [Send Secure] is the only thing that appears in the subject line.  From the Admin Guide, I know there's a way to add BUG fields such as Summary and Bug ID to the subject, but I'd also like to add the Domain and Project if possible.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Did you tried restarting the server?

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Admin guide shows an example how to include domain and project name in the subject line. What does your current entry in the DATACONST table look like?

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.