Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

An Excel utility to copy ALM active users from one server to another.

I have done some ALM server migration for customers. The project data is easy, but the user accounts is problem. So I developed a simple Excel utility to do that for me. I have used this tool in some  customer's production environment. 

Before use this utility, just make sure you were familiar with Excel VBA language. You need to open the Excel VBA IDE and change some ALM login information in the code. I did't translate the comments to English.

I also wrote a user guide for this utility if you want to know how to use it.

Remember you should test this utility on your test environment before use it on PRODUCTION. you can use it but on your own risk!

Updare:
2020/03/13 - First public version for community.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: An Excel utility to copy ALM active users from one server to another.

when im trying to download it says that im forbidden
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: An Excel utility to copy ALM active users from one server to another.

There is also a utility that Phil did some years ago that you might want to check out.

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM01814099

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.