Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

An Excel utility to export ALM project customization - Update for Group Permission!

Jump to solution

I have developed an Excel utility which can export ALM project customization. This Excel utility can do

• Backup the ALM project customization. Before this utility, I have to write down all customization in excel format manually.
  • Easy and simple way for me to check if ALM project customization is as planning.
  • Can export the most entities fields customization, Project List, User groups and Users, Site parameters
  • It use OTA and can work fine with ALM 11.00, 11.52, 12.x and 12.6x.

Please see the attached zip file for Excel utility and pdf for screenshots. I want to share this with you and get some feedback to help me improve this utility. Thank you.

Updates: 
2016/04/29 - Removed the Chinese Sub name in the macro.
2016/05/10 - Support ALM 11.52 which doesn't have sanitization field property.
2016/05/13 - Connection error handling enhancement and fix Site Administrator fixed URL defect. Add Login dialog to hide the password
2016/05/17 - Support ALM 11 (Use GetTDVersion instead of GetTDVersionEx which ALM 11 doesn't have GetTDVersionEx)
2016/07/25 - Suport sub list items, Add list name in every items, Remove List Count column (But this community only accept image only, I can't upload the utility to community!)
2017/06/23 - You can Download from Community in the right panel.
2020/03/13 - Support 12.6x and Permissions(BETA) 99% finished. Only Administration > Set Up Workflow permission was missed. 

Although I have tried to verify the permissions one by one, but I cannot guarantee the 100% correctness. If you find the groups permissions was wrong. Please feel free to let me know, and I will try my best to correct it!

Any suggestions are welcome!

Permissions_BETA.png

53 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

It also works fine with ALM 12.60 - OTA Client build 12.60.389.0

(Statements expressed here are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Gary

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Gary,

I have tried to utilize your tool but experience an error code 2147191499

I am using the right user name and password

OTA 12.60.

Build 389

Server 12.53

Build number 2249

I have tried deleting the folder as described in your follow up posts but I still have the same issue

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

@garychen 

the first of these worked a treat. Many thanks for the tool and your support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi Gary,

Can you Please grant the access to view the VBA code?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.