Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Attachment maximum count

Jump to solution

I am looking for a way to limit the total attachment count or size to say a Defect.  I am currently on ALM 12.60 but even up to 15.5 I don't see the option in site admin parameters I am looking for.

I can see in Site Admin I can limit the attachment size but not the total quantity of attachments.  Pretty much people have figured out if I limit attachment to 5 MB they simply create as many attachments they want,  each less than 5 MB.  So realistically there is no attachment size/count limit, just individual attachments restrictions which is not completely helpful.

I noticed in Octane they addressed this with MAX_ATTACHMENT_COUNT_PER_ENTITY which ALM/Quality Center/Test Director does not seem to have after how many years now...unless I am missing something.

Any suggestions would be helpful...I am guessing there is probably a way in workflow to address this if need be but I prefer out of the box solutions so it does not become an issue going forward with upgrades, etc. if possible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
ALM does not provide funcitonality to limit attachment count.
To achieve your goal, you can use workflow to provent attaching many files.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
ALM does not provide funcitonality to limit attachment count.
To achieve your goal, you can use workflow to provent attaching many files.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral
Hi @Roddy - there seems to me a circular reference on the "View solution in original post" link. It flips between the replies you have which seem to be duplicated. I have an interest in this solution.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Here's an exmaple for blocking attach file for a bug when it already contains 2 attachments. You will need to consider drag&drop, screen capture etc... if you would like to block all relevant actions.

If ActionName = "attach__file" Then
     Set objBug = TDConnection.BugFactory.Item(Bug_Fields.Field("BG_BUG_ID").Value)
     Set objAttachmentFac = objBug.Attachments
     intCount = objAttachmentFac.NewList("").Count
     If intCount >2 Then
        ActionCanExecute =False
     End If
  End If

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.