Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Automail from Test Lab/Test Set in Quality Center 10.0

Is there a way to set up a notification or automail to be sent to a group when a Test is changed to the status of failed /failed in Test Lab/test set modules.

Currently quality center 10.00 supporting only modules Defect to send auto mail.
0 Likes
47 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Jan for your reply.

I need one more clarification..

I am using Quality Center 10.0. I am interested in having the application automatically send an email to a fellow tester (next tester) in order to notify him/her when a test execution (Manual execution) passed/failed so that I do not have to contact him/her manually.

Is it possible in QC 10.00? Please advice.

Please clarify.
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yes, you can trigger it from Run_AfterPost for example.
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Jan,

Thanks a lot..

Please privide me any samply scripts.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Note to the last question if I understand correctly. You do not need to script anything. Just run manual tests by automatic runner.

- add manual tests to the test set normaly
- mandatory: fill Responsible tester field in, the email will be send to this user
- mandatory: create execution flow of tests even this is mainly for automatic tests you can use it for manual too
- and then just run the whole test set by button Run Test Set and choose Automatic runner, there will be the window Automatic runner with your tests and here just Run All. Th QC itself will send the email to the resposible tester of first test after he or she will run this test it will send the email to the resposible tester of second test adn so on. This window will be opened untill all tests will be done. Just try it.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks...

Automail need to be sent to TC_TESTER_NAME,TC_USER_02 AND TEST MANAGER when I change he status to passed/failed in my testset (test lab).. But the below code sending mail only to Test Manager.. Please help me

TDConnection.SendMail TestSetTest_Fields.Field("TC_TESTER_NAME").Value & _
TestSetTest_Fields.Field("TC_USER_02").Value & ";[Test Manager]", "", Subject, strDesc
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I think you ferget the semicolon or comma between the names in sendmail function.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi BalaHari,

I request you to assign points if it helped.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi All,

This posting is very interesting.........can we able to send a auto email in TestLab when a Test mapped to Testset pass/fail in a particular folder????

The similar one, but it should applicable only for a particular folder scripts.

If yes, Please let me know how to do....as it is very urgent requirement for me....

Thanks In Advance !!!

Deepika

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi All,

I have tried the code i am getting the mail however i just want to know if it is possible to send a mail whenever a responsible tester is assigned for a test set.

Regards

Yatish

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi All,

I am using ALM 11.0.

I need to create a dashborad view/report with below details and need to send automail with the same data. Please help me in getting this.

1. Project Name
  2. No of Test cases
  3. No of Test cases executed
  4. No of Test cases Passed
  5. No of Test cases failed
  6. No Of test cases blocked
  7. No of test cases to be executed
  8. No of defects

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello guys,

One question in relation  to this basic code:

Sub TestSetTests_FieldChange(FieldName)
If FieldName = "TC_STATUS" Then
TDConnection.SendMail youremail@xyz.com, "", "Test email", "Testing"
End If
End Sub

It appears to repsond well in case the status change is quick (change directly from the list of test instances of the test set) while if you run manually the test (e.g. execute steps) and then finish, no email is triggered upon status change.

Regards,

Georgia

0 Likes
Absent Member..

You need to capture that in Manual Runner. The changes are tracked for UI changes and in Test Execution, the TestInstance status change is in DB based on the Run Status.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.