Automail from Test Lab/Test Set in Quality Center 10.0
Currently quality center 10.00 supporting only modules Defect to send auto mail.
I need one more clarification..
I am using Quality Center 10.0. I am interested in having the application automatically send an email to a fellow tester (next tester) in order to notify him/her when a test execution (Manual execution) passed/failed so that I do not have to contact him/her manually.
Is it possible in QC 10.00? Please advice.
- add manual tests to the test set normaly
- mandatory: fill Responsible tester field in, the email will be send to this user
- mandatory: create execution flow of tests even this is mainly for automatic tests you can use it for manual too
- and then just run the whole test set by button Run Test Set and choose Automatic runner, there will be the window Automatic runner with your tests and here just Run All. Th QC itself will send the email to the resposible tester of first test after he or she will run this test it will send the email to the resposible tester of second test adn so on. This window will be opened untill all tests will be done. Just try it.
Automail need to be sent to TC_TESTER_NAME,TC_USER_02 AND TEST MANAGER when I change he status to passed/failed in my testset (test lab).. But the below code sending mail only to Test Manager.. Please help me
TDConnection.SendMail TestSetTest_Fields.Field("TC_TESTER_NAME").Value & _
TestSetTest_Fields.Field("TC_USER_02").Value & ";[Test Manager]", "", Subject, strDesc
This posting is very interesting.........can we able to send a auto email in TestLab when a Test mapped to Testset pass/fail in a particular folder????
The similar one, but it should applicable only for a particular folder scripts.
If yes, Please let me know how to do....as it is very urgent requirement for me....
Thanks In Advance !!!
I have tried the code i am getting the mail however i just want to know if it is possible to send a mail whenever a responsible tester is assigned for a test set.
I am using ALM 11.0.
I need to create a dashborad view/report with below details and need to send automail with the same data. Please help me in getting this.
- Project Name
- No of Test cases
- No of Test cases executed
- No of Test cases Passed
- No of Test cases failed
- No Of test cases blocked
- No of test cases to be executed
- No of defects
One question in relation to this basic code:
If FieldName = "TC_STATUS" Then
TDConnection.SendMail firstname.lastname@example.org, "", "Test email", "Testing"
It appears to repsond well in case the status change is quick (change directly from the list of test instances of the test set) while if you run manually the test (e.g. execute steps) and then finish, no email is triggered upon status change.