Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Banner Display for ALM

Is it possible to have a banner in HP ALM across the application with the information or warning?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Banner Display for ALM

Hello,

A warning banner is obtainable through editing the HTML pages of ALM Client however this customization would be outside of the scope of the HP support engineers and will be not supported by us.

You can customize the ALM home page for ALM 11.0 and 11.5 however this is customization is not supported by us

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00299877

Please take in consideration that HPE does not support this customization and is provided as a courtesy.

Regards,

Sue Sevilla | SW Technical Support Consultant.

Application Lifecycle Management

Hewlett-Packard

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone's response please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation."

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Can this apply to 12.2?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For ALM 12 versions we do not have any document yet, you can use the samples for ALM 11.5 however please take in mind that customization will be by your onw risk and is not supported.

Regards,
Sue Sevilla | SW Technical Support Consultant.
Application Lifecycle Management
Hewlett-Packard

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone's response please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation."

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

The solutions I've seen seem to be focused on a one time or infreguently changing branding type of message. What is really needed is the ability to display a custom message upon logon for ALL project.  (I know you can manage this with custom workflow on a per project basis) but if you could have a system parameter = DisplaySystemMessage True/False and when true the message from a test file is displayed on the login screen. this would allow my support team to display important message such as an upcoming system wide down time or a message regarding security issues.  If the message were defined as a seperate test file then the message would be easy to manager, with the setting of the message being visible or not being set in system admin I could ensure only me support team manages the message visibility.  With the large number of project my team supports, a system level method of manageing a changing message would be a great addition. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.