New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Copy the Values(teststeps and expected result) from TestPlan to Columns in Manual Runner Module

Hello,

I would like to copy the teststeps and expected result from TestPlan into Columns in Manual Runner Module.

see image.

I was able to add a new column but not the values in these new columns.

The reason why is that you can see in one look all the steps.

Could someone help me please?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

That is a really bad idea.

The Step Description and Step Expected Results are Memo type fields. If you had more than 256 characters of data in one of these fields, you would have to have another Memo field to ensure you copied all of it. And a user defined Memo field will not display in the grid of the Manual Runner.

If you instead define a String type of user defined field, that will appear in the grid. But trying to copy data to it could result in truncation of the data.

If you feel that you must experiment with this, then the place to copy the data is within workflows in the Test Plan module. I would recommend that you modify the DesignStep_FieldChange workflow to copy the data each time one of those fields is changed within a design step.  The Administrator Guide has a major section devoted to workflow modification and includes many examples.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

I have to agree with Trudy.  Why must you do that?  I can't understand a good reason to unless you can explain the need.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.