Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Customized QC User List

Jump to solution
Hi,

I want to add a field in QC to display the list of users from a particular group. Can someone help me on this?

I am able to add all the users by setting the field type as "User List" in project entities. But, I want to filter the list for a particular group. Can this be done?

Thanks,
Shivaraj
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
If you only want the mail to go the the individual whose name is in the field, this is a bit easier than sending mail to the entire group.

Add your new field and populate your new list with the user names you want. Then in Tools > Customize > Automail, on the Condition Tab go to each of the users from the list. Set a filter on this new field using the same user name (EX: on User A, in your new field, select the name User A). This will then generate an email (based upon the "on change of" fields) to the user whose name is in your new field.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
You would need to write workflow code to filter the user list using the isinGroup method. Then assign the value of the resulting list to the field.

Even with that, I do not know if it is actually possible.

You could simply create a new list with the users you want populated. However, this may require periodic maintenance if your projects users change often.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thanks Rhonda.

For the second option - The user list in my case will not change often. So, this might work. But the problem is - I also want to have the ability to send automatic emails to the users in that list. If I create a manual list, I don't think we can send emails to that group.

For the first option - I am not very familiar with scripting. I am able to check if the user is in a group or not. But I don't know how to put that in a list and then display it in a filed. If you can help me on this, that would be great.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Sorry, I am also not very well versed in the actualy scripting.

If you add a field and define it as a User List field, it will contain all of your project users, but you will be able to automatically send email to the person selected in the new field. (The new field shows up at the bottom of the Automail Conditions tab just like Assigned To and Detected By) However, is you use a new list, this will not be an option.

What are your conditions for sending a mail to this group? Only when there is a name in this field? Anytime a specific field (such as Status) is changed? You could possibly write workflow code (again) to send the mail. Search this forum as there are many posts regarding writing code to send an email.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Here is my scenario -

I want to add a new field with a list of users. Whenever that field is populated with a user's id, I want QC to send an automatic email to that person.

This will work if I make the new field as a user list. But, I don't want all users to be listed in that field. I want only users of a certain group to be displayed there.

I will search the forum to see if I can find something about sending mail via workflow.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
If you only want the mail to go the the individual whose name is in the field, this is a bit easier than sending mail to the entire group.

Add your new field and populate your new list with the user names you want. Then in Tools > Customize > Automail, on the Condition Tab go to each of the users from the list. Set a filter on this new field using the same user name (EX: on User A, in your new field, select the name User A). This will then generate an email (based upon the "on change of" fields) to the user whose name is in your new field.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thanks Rhonda. I actually thought about the same solution. But I was lazy to do it for each and every user in that group. If there is no other way, then I will have to use this solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
As was wrote. You can use the workflow script. See the example "Example: Sending Mail" in the administrator guide so you do not need to set every user and use automatic email settings.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,  I have similar goals,

When user create/update defect fields (User List based),   I do not want to see all users from project, I want to see only defined users in the Select Filter Condition popUp.

For that I can create specific group where all needed users will be listed,  but where I need to insert workflow code for this selection box to restrict it?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.