Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Customizing the Login Screen on HP QC

Hi 🙂
I was just wondering if there is a way to customize the login screen with a different background image or
adding some text before user selects the "Quality Center" login link.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
0 Likes
13 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Golpesar,
Yes you can do this. This has been fixed in QC 10 patch 17.
Please find the attached screen shot of what we did..
I am also going to attach steps in my next reply..

Hope it helps.
Thanks,
Sudhakar
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Please find the steps in attached word document..
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you So much for the quick and detailed reply 🙂
We are currently on Patch 15, does this mean rebranding is not possible unless we upgrade to Patch 17?

Also even adding a "simple text (one or 2 words) would serve the purpose, can we do that on path 15?

Thanks again
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Golpesar,

It is not going to work on any earlier patches. Earlier patches only works on QC Home page i.e where you see Quality Center , Siteadmin links... You need to have latest patch 17 in order to change anything on QC login Page.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,
Sudhakar

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sudhakar,
Thanks for your reply again 🙂
We did try following your instruction on the server side and changed the "login_pict_qc. jpg" (just added little bit to it) and saved, the image on \qcbin changed and we see the change; however, after clicking the Quality Centre on start_a.htm , we still see the original image without our changes, since there is only one copy of the ogin_pict_qc.jpg on the server, would you know where is that image being loaded from? Or is this limitation of the Patch 15 as well? (which based on your last post seems to be)
I do appreciate your time in advance 🙂

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,
On Patch 15 it is not going to work. we did tried it before like changing the login_pict_qc. jpg and deploy 20qcbin.war.

Here is what HP told..

All the start_a.htm images are downloaded in to the client side and stored in QCClient.UI.ApplicationImages.dll file which is located in :\Program Files\Common Files\Mercury Interactive\Quality Center\client. Whenever you access QC first time all the client components download from QCClient.Msi file(Server Side).

So Whatever u going to change in serverside it is not going to reflect in client side.

This is only got fixed in patch 17.

Thanks,
Sudhakar
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

wow, this is a cool thread.. thanks a lot..

ciao, Massimo.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

for sure it is, and Thanks Sudhakar,
for all the help and sharing the useful information 🙂
Cheers
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sudhakar..
how to download patch 17? Can u send me link ? I have license version of QC but support period is over.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,
General patches are available in QC support site And you can download patch 19
You can login to below link and search for Quality Center and Check the check box patches..

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/documents

Current patch available is patch 23 i.e available only for who got the Support agreement Id.

Thanks,
Sud

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Sorry to bring an old thread up but has anyone tried this in ALM 11?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.