Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Date wise Test Lab data in Excel

Hi,

I need help in getting data from test lab in the format shown in the attachment. It is basically the number of test cases passed, failed, No run for each date. It is cumulative data and not the data just for that particular date.

I would like to use the excel report generator feature to get this data. Or if we can get this directly from excel by connecting to QC, that is also fine.

Here are the problems that I am facing -

1) I can't use the execution date directly from Test Instance table, because this field will be overwritten every time the test instance is executed and so the data for previous dates will not be accurate. For example, if there were 5 Failed test cases on 23th-Jan-2011 and let's say 3 out of these 5 passed on 24-Jan-2011, but some other 2 test cases failed on 24-Jan-2011. In that case, if I use the exec date from test instance table, then it will show only 2 failed for 23-Jan-2011, but it should actually be 5.

2) I tried using the Audit Log and Audit properties tables to look at the history and get data for previous dates. But, there are limitations in this as well. Example - If I filter failed test cases with AU_TIME = 24-Jan-2011 (from audit log table), I will get 2 failed test cases - This is the actual number of test cases failed on that date. However, I need my report to display the cumulative data on that date. It should be 2 + 2 = 4 failed test cases. It is 2 + 2 because, we had 5 failed on 23rd, out of which 3 now passed. So, 2 still remain failed, and we have 2 more failed on 24th. So, total failed is 2 + 2 = 4. If I try to add failed test cases from 23rd with failed ones from 24th, then it will be 5 + 2 = 7, which is incorrect. Moreover, the 'No Runs' will not be stored in the audit log table and so I will not be able to get that data from this table.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks,
Shivaraj
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can someone please help with the question above? Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you not use the Run table? This retains the information for EACH run of the test.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Rhonda,

The limitation with RUN table is that the entries are overwritten if we use the "Continue run" option. Suppose I run a test case half way on 23-Jan-2011 and leave it in "Not completed" status, then the RUN table will have an entry for 23-Jan-2011. Now if I use the "Continue run" option on 24th, then the entry will be overwritten and there will only be entry for 24th, and no entry for 23rd.

Is there any other way?

Thanks,
Shviaraj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Don't allow users to use the Continue Run option. Or only report on completed runs.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.